Name : Skin Diamond / Raylin Joy
Date of Birth: February 18th
Home Town : Ventura, California (US) / Dunfermline (Scotland)
Measurements : 32B – 25 – 35
Bra/ Cup Size : 32B
Boobs : Natural
Height : 5’5 (1.65m)
Hair Colour : Brunette / Black / Magenta
Eye Colour : Brown
Tattoos : ‘LBST’ script on her forearm, a red-headed nurse with accompanying floral designs on her left shoulder, a cartoon design with multi-coloured swirls on her right shoulder, a multi-coloured design between her shoulder blades, a padlock design on her right ankle representing her first fetish master, a large red phoenix on her back to cover a burn which she received whilst experimenting with fire-play, a pair of cherries on her lower back and two matching stars on each of her hands
Piercings : Navel, right nostril and both nipples
Years Active : 2009 – 2016 (as a performer) , 2014 (as a director)
Skin Diamond is a fantastic former female porn star and fan-favourite fetish performer who won “Female Performer of the Year” at the 2012 Urban X Awards and at the 2014 Inked Awards. Over the past seven years, Skin Diamond has established a glowing global reputation as one of the most popular fetish performers in the adult film industry due to her broad spectrum of femdom, BDSM and fetish web clips that have been promoted via the fetish lifestyle network Kink.com.
Even though she officially retired from the adult film industry in December 2016 in order to pursue a mainstream acting and music career under her real name Raylin Joy, she remains proud of her Skin Diamond porn star persona. In fact, Skin’s scintillating sex scenes in such award-nominated porn productions as POV Punx 4 (2010), Skin (2012), The Walking Dead: A Hardcore Parody (2013) and Love, Sex and TV News (2015) continue to attract a devoted international fan base.
Born in Ventura, California, Skin moved with her family to Dunfermline, Scotland, when she was three years old. Skin comes from a religious household and discussed her childhood during her Hot Movies.com interview, divulging how;
“I had a pretty normal childhood apart from the fact that we were an American family living abroad. My dad was away a lot preaching and I was completely immersed in the world of scripture and Bible studies. Once I became a teenager I wanted to rebel and do something different that was in another world. And the world of fetish is what drew me in particular. I find it very interesting seeing how different people tick sexually”.
Skin first began to discover the adult entertainment industry and the fetish lifestyle market when she started socialising in London-based fetish clubs. Intrigued by the alternative allure of these fetish clubs, Skin started performing as an exotic dancer. During this time Skin also began posing as an alternative fetish model for GodsGirls which paved the way for her to shoot with the porn production company Burning Angel Entertainment. And the rest, as they say, is history! Skin has previously posed as a mainstream model for prominent fashion designers such as Louis Vuitton and she discussed her accidental avenue into the adult film industry within her December 2016 Independent interview. As Skin herself explained;
“I actually got into in by accident. My plan wasn’t to get into porn and to be a porn star. The opportunity kind of fell into my lap. I grew up in Scotland and I was going to fetish clubs in London and I was really involved in the fetish scene and Torture Garden and all that sort of stuff, so I was kind of doing risqué shoots anyway. I had modelled for Burning Angel before just doing a photo shoot and they asked me if I wanted to come to Paris and shoot some scenes. I was like, yeah I want to go to Paris, so I went and I did it. When I was there it wasn’t how you’d think a porn set would be it, it was just a bunch of friends hanging out, having sex and getting paid. I just kind of thought that was really cool. Honestly, I thought it was just so much fun so I shot all my first scenes – like my first girl-girl scene, my first boy-girl scene, my first anal scene – all in that one week because I didn’t ever think I would do it again. I was just kind of doing it for sh**s and giggles. Then fast forward a year when I was living in LA and very very broke, and not really doing anything else and the opportunity again just fell into my lap. I had a lot of fun with it so I thought, why not? So, here I am now”.
Skin has been open with her family with regards to her adult film career. Even though her parents were not thrilled with her career choices, they have been incredibly accepting of her adult film projects and even attended the AVN Awards with her! As Skin herself conveyed in her February 2012 Barelist interview;
“At first as all parents do, they worried about my safety and wanted to make sure I was really doing what I wanted to do. With some assurance they accepted it and are stoked for me because they can see that I’m a lot happier than I was when I was just stripping”.
Skin Diamond : Adult Film Career
Skin Diamond made her adult film industry debut in 2009 when she starred in the Burning Angel DVDs No Panties Allowed 1 (2009) and Joanna Angel and James Deen’s European Vacation (2009) that was nominated for “Best Gonzo Movie” at the 2010 XRCO Awards and “Best Gonzo Release” at the 2011 AVN Awards. When she was asked about shooting her first ever sex scenes during her October 2014 Adult DVD Talk interview, Skin explained that;
“I was definitely very nervous. Having sex on-camera is so much different that real life. So it was one of those where I tried to be aware of the camera, ‘Oh yeah, I need to show them this!’ My first boy/girl scene was with James Deen and we had already banged the previous night off-camera. That’s why I agreed to it. I figured we already had sex so we might as well have sex again and get paid for it. (laughs) I had a threesome with James and Joanna and she said, ‘You have to stay and keep shooting. You’re so awesome!’ (laughs)”.
Skin has continued to collaborate with Joanna Angel on multiple Burning Angel DVD titles and raunchy web clips throughout her prolific porn star career including Joanna’s Angels 3 (2010) that was nominated for “Best Comedy” at the 2011 AVN Awards and which enabled Skin to share an epic group sex scene with Draven Star, Joanna Angel, Kleio Valentien, Natalia Snow, James Deen, Mick Blue and Mr. Pete. We also recommend viewing POV Punx 4 (2010) that earned Skin a “Best POV Sex Scene” nomination at the 2012 AVN Awards.
Skin’s adult film career skyrocketed to new heights in 2012 when she teamed up with L.T. and Elegant Angel in order to create her sensational signature showcase Skin (2012). Featuring Skin in five fantastic hardcore, all-girl and group sex scenes, Skin went on to win “Best Double Penetration Sex Scene” and “Best Oral Sex Scene” at the 2014 AVN Awards as well as receiving a wealth of notable nominations for “Best Star Showcase” at the 2014 AVN Awards, “Adult Movie of the Year” at the 2013 Sex Awards and “Gonzo Release of the Year” at the 2014 XBIZ Awards but to name a few! All in all, Skin was a critical and commercial success that received rave reviews from fans and prominent film critics alike. As XCritic column writer Charles Bukkake ardently enthused in his February 2013 film review;
“This film was excellent. It shows Skin Diamond’s range and versatility, and it’s clear that she’s excited and prepared for every shoot. Giving her her own DVD was a smart move on Elegant Angel’s part and it was a much-deserved homage to the starlet. Additionally, her supporting cast gave it their all, and it shows. Skin is a whopping three hours long and comes loaded to the gills with bonus features that are nothing to sneeze at. If you’re already a fan of Skin Diamond buying this film is a no-brainer, you’re going to have a good time. If you’ve yet to experience the work of this performer and are curious or sitting on the fence I implore you, pick this one up. Skin comes highly recommended“.
Following the landmark success of her Elegant Angel star showcase, Skin proceeded to feature within several best-selling signature showcases throughout her adult film career such as Skin Diamond : No Limits (2012) for Zero Tolerance that was nominated for “Adult Movie of the Year” at the 2013 Sex Awards, I Am Skin Diamond (2013) for PUBA/ Pornstar Empire that coincided with the launch of her official solo website, SkinDiamondVIP.com, via the PUBA Network and which was nominated for “Gonzo Release of the Year” at the 2015 XBIZ Awards, as well as Deviant Devil: Skin Diamond (2014) for Deviant Entertainment, Violation of Skin Diamond (2014) for AMK Empire, Skin Diamond: Unleashed (2014) for West Coast Productions and Seduction of Skin Diamond (2014) for Devil’s Film that won “All-Black Release of the Year” at the 2015 XBIZ Awards.
Over the course of her adult film career Skin has become famous for her phenomenal porn parody performances that have been featured within several of Axel Braun’s best-selling Vivid Comix DVD titles. We recommend checking out Avengers Vs. X-Men XXX (2013) that won “Director of the Year” at the 2013 AVN Awards as well as receiving a notable nomination for “Parody Release of the Year”, Iron Man XXX (2013) that won “Best Special Effects” at the 2014 AVN Awards and which was also nominated for “Parody Release of the Year: Drama” at the 2014 XBIZ Awards and “Best Parody: Comic Book” at the 2014 XRCO Awards, Man Of Steel XXX (2013) that won “Best Parody: Drama” at the 2014 AVN Awards and “Best Parody: Comic Book” at the 2014 XRCO Awards and X-Men XXX (2013) that was nominated for “Best Parody” at the 2015 Nightmoves Awards, “Best Parody: Drama” at the 2015 AVN Awards and “Best Parody: Comic Book” at the 2015 XRCO Awards.
In addition to her ongoing collaborations with Axel Braun and Vivid Comix, Skin has also performed in the popular parody releases This Ain’t Nurse Jackie XXX (2011) for Hustler Video that was nominated for “Parody Release of the Year: Comedy” at the 2013 XBIZ Awards, Official Hangover Parody (2012) for Zero Tolerance wherein Skin shared an AVN award nominated group sex scene with Brooklyn Lee, Mika Tan, Misty Stone, Alex Gonz, Dane Cross and James Deen, Spongebob SquareNuts: The XXX Parody (2013) for Wood Rocket that was nominated for “Best Web Premiere” at the 2014 AVN Awards and Joanna Angel’s The Walking Dead: A Hardcore Parody (2013) for Burning Angel that earned Skin a “Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene” nomination at the 2014 AVN Awards for her raunchy sex scene with Kleio Valentien and Doctor Whore Porn Parody (2014) for Wood Rocket that earned Skin a notable “Best Supporting Actress” nomination at the 2015 AVN Awards.
Most recently Skin has starred in the Wood Rocket parody DVD compilation title Ten Inch Ninja Turtles And Other Porn Parodies (2016) that received a wealth of notable nominations including “Best Parody” at the 2017 AVN and XRCO Awards as well as for “Marketing Campaign of the Year” at the 2017 XBIZ Awards.
Never one to rest on her laurels, Skin has been featured in Gang Affiliated 5 (2017) for Diabolic Video alongside Adriana Chechik, Daisy Ducati, Carter Cruise and Valentina Nappi, as well as the Girlfriends Films DVD title Getting Dirty 3 (2017) with famous female performers Christy Mack, Mia Lelani and Nikita Von James, Girl Kush 1 (2017) for Emerald Triangle Films within which she shared a thrilling three-way with Jenna Sativa and Penny Pax, and the Sweetheart Video taboo relations title Mothers And Daughters (2017) also starring Julia Ann, Aiden Starr, Gracie Glam, Anikka Albrite and London Keyes. Skin identifies as bisexual and has always enjoyed shooting these sultry girl/girl scenes. As Skin eagerly expressed within her March 2014 Fleshbot interview;
“I’ve always been into girls. I think before I even realized I was into girls I remember seeing a naked woman when I was quite young and getting turned on. I had the biggest crush on Jessica Rabbit growing up. But I loved guys too”.
Even though she has been officially retired from the adult film industry since late 2016, Skin has appeared within the all-girl Desire Films and Hustler Video DVD compilation titles Pussy Supreme (2017) and Pussy Grabbers (2017) also starring A.J. Applegate, Alix Lynx, Chanel Preston, Sarah Vandella and Samantha Ryan.
Skin Diamond : Fetish Lifestyle Market
In addition to her fan-favourite DVD and web collaborations with Joanna Angel for the alternative porn production company Burning Angel Entertainment, Skin has establish herself as a phenomenal fetish performer due to her saucy sex scenes that have featured within such best-selling alternative porn DVD titles as Cvrbongirl (2010) for Belladonna Entertainment also starring Tori Lux, Lexi Belle, Andy San Dimas, Monique Alexander, Kimberly Kane and Bailey Jay, the Julie Simone Productions DVD titles Julie Simone Is A Dominatrix (2011) that was nominated for “Fetish Release of the Year” at the 2012 XBIZ Awards and Bondage Suspensions (2015) that was nominated for “Best BDSM Movie” at the 2016 AVN Awards. Skin loves to embrace her unique alternative porn star persona and has mentioned within her May 2012 Crave Online interview that;
“It’s pretty important to be as unique as possible, because there’s so many girls in industry who are all trying to make a name for themselves, but to be honest I never really tried to stand out – I’ve just kinda been a weirdo my whole life! Growing up in Scotland, I had pink hair and I was the only girl of colour in my entire school, so I’ve always stood out. I’m used to it now…
I would like to do more domination work. I also wanna do some more scenes with more than one guy, because I’m greedy…There are so many things I love about my job. The fact that I get to dress up all the time, and travel to new places and meet crazy people and do things I would never do otherwise…
My favourite sex scene [in Revenge of the Petites] was probably when I fucked Katie St. Ives with an ice-cream scoop… that was weird. I’m always down for the weird shit! Acting-wise, the carwash scene was probably the craziest because it was in public. There were cars going by honking their horns and we were all in our bikinis being ridiculous (laughs)”.
In fact, Skin Diamond remains as one of the most popular femdom stars in the industry due to her formidable sex scenes in Femdom Ass Worship 11 (2011) for Evil Angel with Angelina Castro, Sophie Dee and Nyomi Banxxx, her wealth of fantastic Femdom Empire porn productions such as Give Up That Ass (2014), Size Queens (2014) and Femdom Handjobs (2016) as well as her commanding presence in the unforgettable femdom pegging DVDs Joey Silvera’s Strap For Teacher 1 (2012) for Evil Angel with Chanel Preston, Gia DiMarco and Alexis Monroe that was nominated for “Best Fem-Dom Strap-On Release” at the 2013 AVN Awards, Strapdomme (2014) for Deviant Entertainment that was nominated for “Best Specialty Release: Other Genre” at the 2015 XBIZ Awards and Dominance And Submission (2016) for Digital Sin with Lyra Louvel, Anna Bell Peaks, Aidra Fox, Katrina Jade and Rachel Midori that was nominated for “BDSM Release of the Year” at the 2017 XBIZ Awards.
Without a doubt, Skin’s most popular fetish porn sex scenes to date have been those which she has filmed for the internationally renowned fetish porn network Kink.com. As matters stand, Skin has filmed over 90 scintillating sex scenes for Kink.com‘s various domination and submission, water-play, anal-play, sex-toy, bondage, femdom, role-play, electro-sex, sex-slave, group sex, all-girl, TS and erotic wrestling web series so it was no surprise when she was nominated for the coveted “Kinkiest Performer (Fan Award)” accolade at the 2015 AVN Awards! When she was asked to name her kinkiest sexual experience during her October 2014 Adult DVD Talk interview, Skin stated;
“The kinkiest thing? I don’t even know which one was the kinkiest! Needle play was definitely a kinky one. Pee play. That’s how you can tell if I really like someone; if I let them pee in me or on me. (laughs) Then you know it’s real. I think probably the most extreme thing that I ever let anyone do was set me on fire but that didn’t turn out so well. (laughs) We were all fucked up at the time. It was an embarrassing thing. (laughs) That’s why I got my Phoenix tattoo because it covers up this huge porn scar. If you look at my earlier scenes when I first signed with Mark Spiegler, you can see the scar, it was pretty gnarly. Or maybe it was the time I put my whole arm in a guy’s ass. Or maybe it was the time I got strap-on fucked by a girl in a pig mask. I don’t know. I have a weird sex life. (laughs) It’s weirder off camera than it is on camera because some things are illegal to do on-camera. (laughs)”.
If we had to name but a handful of Skin’s sauciest Kink.com sex scenes to date then we’d recommend viewing her Diamond In The Rough debut with Dana DeArmond and James Deen that was promoted via Kink.com‘s Everything Butt web series in April 2011, her amazing BDSM group sex scenes with Princess Donna Dolore and James Deen for Public Disgrace in July 2011, her raunchy The Psych Ward group BDSM sex scenes that were promoted via Bound Gangbangs in August 2011, Skin’s Anal Prisoner role-play scenes that were distributed via Everything Butt in September 2011 and her Brutal Sex Fantasy Confession BDSM sex scenes with Danny Wylde for Sex & Submission in August 2012. Die-hard Skin Diamond fans should also check out her formidable Divine Bitches femdom sex scenes with Sebastian Keys titled Her Highness Queen Of Diamonds that were also unveiled in August 2012 and her wealth of sensational sex-slave orgy sessions for Kink.com‘s The Upper Floor web series that were unveiled via Kink.com in November 2011, in December 2011, in January 2012, in March 2012 and in October 2012. Skin has loved shooting these extravagant Kink.com sex scenes and ardently enthused in her XCritic column interview that;
“I think my Kink shoots are the ones I’m most proud of because suffering through that amount of intense bondage and taking it is always going to feel great. It makes me realize how tough I am!”.
Fans of Skin Diamond will also not want to miss out on viewing her Lesbian Abyss three-way with fabulous femdommes Maitresse Madeline Marlowe and Aiden Starr that was first released via Whipped Ass in March 2015 and her captivating Penthouse Pet, Skin Diamond, In Devastating Bondage bondage session with fetish porn veteran The Pope which was filmed for Kink.com’s Device Bondage web series in May 2015. Skin excels in all of these scintillating sex scenes whether she is performing as a domme, a sub or a switch. Upon being asked about her personal favourite fetishes within her March 2014 Fleshbot interview, Skin conveyed how;
“I have experienced so many things that I would have never experienced if I didn’t do porn, like crazy BDSM things that maybe I wouldn’t feel safe doing without professionals…I know good sex is better. I know passion is everything. When you’re young you want it hard and fast all the time. Now, it’s different. I don’t mind it when it’s slow…
I like pretending like I’m a kitty. I have a kitty butt plug tail with a bow and ears and a collar. The scene that won AVN was my blow bang scene. It’s like a gang bang but it’s all oral sex. There were 9-12 guys and me. It was my idea to pretend to be a cat the the whole time while they banged in my face. They all came in a little kitty bowl and I lapped it up”.
Skin Diamond : Adult Film Award Nominations & Directorial Debut
Over the course of her prolific porn star career, Skin has amassed a staggering collection of adult film award winds and notable nominations. Listed below are some of Skin’s most impressive adult entertainment accolades to date;
- 2012: Urban X Awards winner “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2012: AVN Awards nominee “Best New Starlet”
- 2012: AVN Awards nominee “Best Oral Sex Scene” Orgasmic Oralists (with Asa Akira and Mr. Marcus)
- 2012: AVN Awards nominee “Best POV Sex Scene” POV Punx 4 (with Joanna Angel and James Deen)
- 2012: AVN Awards nominee “Best Three-Way Sex Scene (Girl/ Boy/ Boy)” Shut Up And Fuck (with Mark Wood and Mr. Pete)
- 2012: AVN Awards nominee “Best Three-Way Sex Scene (Girl/ Girl/ Boy)” Slut Puppies 5 (with Lily Carter and Criss Strokes)
- 2012: Urban X Awards nominee “Orgasmic Oralist of the Year”
- 2012: Urban X Awards nominee “Best Anal Sex Scene” Black Anal Addiction (with Leilani Leeanne and Mike Adriano)
- 2012: Urban X Awards nominee “Best Couples Scene” Black Diamonds 1 (with Sean Michaels)
- 2012: Urban X Awards nominee “Best Couples Scene” Porn’s Top Black Models 3 (with Lexington Steele)
- 2012: Urban X Awards nominee “Best Three-Way Scene” Hitchhikers 2 (with Bella Moretti and Mr. Marcus)
- 2012: XBIZ Awards nominee “New Starlet of the Year”
- 2012: Erotic Lounge Awards nominee “Best Actress”
- 2012: RogReviews’ Critics Choice Awards nominee “Best Female Performer”
- 2013: Spank Bank Awards winner “Clam Crazed Cooze of the Year”
- 2013: Spank Bank Technical Awards winner “High Fashion Slut”
- 2013: Spank Bank Technical Awards winner “Perverse Adventurer”
- 2013: Spank Bank Technical Awards winner “Dusky, Delectable Pearl”
- 2013: AVN Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2013: AVN Awards nominee “Best All Girl Group Sex Scene” Mind Fuck (with Adrianna Luna and Celeste Star)
- 2013: AVN Awards nominee “Best All Girl Group Sex Scene” Meet Bonnie Rotten (with Asphyxia Noir and Bonnie Rotten)
- 2013: AVN Awards nominee “Best Anal Sex Scene” Sexual Messiah 1 (with Nacho Vidal and Sandy)
- 2013: AVN Awards nominee “Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene” Interracial Lesbian Romance (with Lily Carter)
- 2013: AVN Awards nominee “Best Group Sex Scene” Official Hangover Parody (with Brooklyn Lee, Mika Tan, Misty Stone, Alex Gonz, Dane Cross and James Deen)
- 2013: AVN Awards nominee “Best Three-Way Sex Scene (Girl/ Girl/ Boy)” Joanna Angel: Filthy Whore (with Joanna Angel and Ramon Nomar)
- 2013: Inked Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2013: XBIZ Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2013: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Supporting Actress” Revenge of the Petites
- 2013: XRCO Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2013: XRCO Awards nominee “Orgasmic Analist of the Year”
- 2013: Nightmoves Awards nominee “Best Ethnic Performer”
- 2013: Nightmoves Awards nominee “Best Ink”
- 2013: Sex Awards nominee “Porn Star of the Year”
- 2013: Sex Awards nominee “Porn’s Best Body”
- 2013: Sex Awards nominee “Sexiest Adult Star”
- 2013: The Fannys Awards nominee “Ethnic Performer of the Year”
- 2013: The Fannys Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2014: Inked Awards winner “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2014: AVN Awards winner “Best Double Penetration Sex Scene” Skin (with Prince Yahshua and Marco Banderas)
- 2014: AVN Awards winner “Best Oral Sex Scene” Skin (with Alex Gonz, Filthy Rich, Hooks, Jason Brown and Julius Ceazher)
- 2014: AVN Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2014: AVN Awards nominee “Best Anal Sex Scene” Skin (with L.T.)
- 2014: AVN Awards nominee “Best Boy/Girl Sex Scene” Deep Pussy 1 (with Prince Yahshua)
- 2014: AVN Awards nominee “Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene” The Walking Dead: A Hardcore Parody (with Kleio Valentien)
- 2014: AVN Awards nominee “Best Group Sex Scene” Skin Diamond: No Limits (with Billy Glide, John Strong, Mark Wood, Tommy Pistol and Will Powers)
- 2014: AVN Awards nominee “Best Group Sex Scene” Orgy University (with Aiden Starr, Dana DeArmond, Sarah Shevon, Veruca James, James Deen, Jon Jon, Mr. Pete and Tommy Pistol)
- 2014: XBIZ Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2014: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Scene – Non-Feature Release” Skin (with Prince Yahshua and Marco Banderas)
- 2014: XRCO Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2014: XRCO Awards nominee “Orgasmic Analist of the Year”
- 2014: XRCO Awards nominee “Orgasmic Oralist of the Year”
- 2014: XRCO Awards nominee “Superslut of the Year”
- 2014: Nightmoves Awards nominee “Best Ink”
- 2014: The Fannys Awards nominee “Ethnic Performer of the Year”
- 2014: TLA Raw Awards nominee “Best Twitter/Tumblr”
- 2015: Spank Bank Technical Awards winner “Runway Model Gone Bad”
- 2015: Spank Bank Technical Awards winner “The Queen of B&W Photography”
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Mainstream Star of the Year”
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Kinkiest Performer (Fan Award)”
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Favourite Female Porn Star (Fan Award)”
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Best Supporting Actress” Doctor Whore Porn Parody
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene” Alexis and Asa (with Alexis Texas, Asa Akira and Dani Daniels)
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Best Anal Sex Scene” Rocco’s Coming In America (with Rocco Siffredi)
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Best Double Penetration Sex Scene” Performers of the Year 2014 (with James Deen and Mr. Pete)
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Best Three-Way Sex Scene (Girl/Girl/Boy)” Maddy O’Reilly Is Slutwoman (with Maddy O’Reilly and Erik Everhard)
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Most Outrageous Sex Scene” Dark Perversions 3 (with Ryan Madison)
- 2015: AVN Awards nominee “Most Outrageous Sex Scene” Voracious Season 2 Volume 4 (with Ashley Fires, Lea Lexis, Raine Degrey, Roxy Raye, Stoya, James Deen, Rocco Siffredi and Wolf Hudson)
- 2015: XBIZ Awards nominee “Female Performer of the Year”
- 2015: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Scene – Feature Movie” Killers (with Xander Corvus)
- 2015: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Scene – All-Girl” Killers (with Emily Addison)
- 2015: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Actress – Feature Movie” Killers
- 2015: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Scene – Couples-Themed Release” White Witch (with Nick Manning)
- 2015: XRCO Awards nominee “Orgasmic Analist of the Year”
- 2015: XRCO Awards nominee “Mainstream Adult Media Favourite”
- 2015: Nightmoves Awards nominee “Best Ink”
- 2016: Spank Bank Technical Awards winner “The Runway Model”
- 2016: AVN Awards nominee “Favourite Female Porn Star (Fan Award)”
- 2016: AVN Awards nominee “Best Supporting Actress” Love, Sex and TV News
- 2016: AVN Awards nominee “Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene” Spontaneass 2 (with Dana DeArmond, Gabriella Paltrova and Sarah Shevon)
- 2016: AVN Awards nominee “Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene” Deviant Devil: Skin Diamond (with Alina Li)
- 2016: AVN Awards nominee “Best Group Sex Scene” Mick Blue Is One Lucky Bastard (with Adriana Chechik, Anikka Albrite, Carter Cruise, Dahlia Sky and Mick Blue)
- 2016: AVN Awards nominee “Best Three-Way Sex Scene (Girl/Girl/Boy)” Rocco’s Intimate Initiations (with Bonnie Rotten and Rocco Siffredi)
- 2016: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Actress – Couples-Themed Release” Control
- 2016: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Supporting Actress” Love, Sex and TV News
- 2016: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Scene – Couples-Themed Release” Control (with Scott Lyons)
- 2016: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Scene – All-Girl” Saving Humanity (with Ana Foxxx, Andy San Dimas, Cindy Starfall, Riley Reid and Tara Lynn Foxx)
- 2016: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Scene – All-Girl” Performers of the Year 2015 (with Bonnie Rotten)
- 2016: XBIZ Awards nominee “Best Scene – Feature Release” Love, Sex and TV News (with Janice Griffith, Nick Manning and Seth Gamble)
- 2017: AVN Awards nominee “Mainstream Star of the Year”
- 2017: AVN Awards nominee “Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene” Dirty Daniels (with Dani Daniels and Riley Reid)
- 2017: AVN Awards nominee “Best Oral Sex Scene” Deep Throat League 2 (with Teanna Trump)
- 2017: XBIZ Awards nominee “Crossover Star of the Year”
- 2017: XRCO Awards nominee “Mainstream Adult Media Favourite”
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, Skin is also a highly accomplished director and business woman. In fact, in 2014 Skin made her directorial debut with the Deviant Entertainment porn production Dollhouse (2014) also starring Aiden Starr, Annie Cruz, Courtney Taylor and Lana Violet and she has since directed the Girlfriends Films DVD title Nerdgasm (2014) featuring Penny Pax and Leya Falcon that was nominated for “Best Art Direction” and “Best Vignette Release” at the 2015 AVN Awards. Upon discussing her directorial debut within her October 2014 Adult DVD Talk interview, Skin commented how;
“I have two new movies coming out, Dollhouse and Nerdgasm. I’m am very proud of them. Also Devil Dom which is also coming out from Deviant Entertainment. I do a sex scene with Brandy Aniston and Maddy O’Reilly and it was probably the craziest girl/girl scenes I’ve ever shot. We really went off on each other. Dollhouse is also from Deviant and is my directorial debut. I shot a bunch of scenes and then performed in one. Nerdgasm is being distributed by Girlfriend Films. It’s a compilation type movie where I play characters from all my different worlds. I do a scene where I’m the doctor from Dr. Who and I turn in a woman for some reason. And I do a sex scene with a girl. I also play a girl who’s obsessed with Harry Potter and I did a Jedi scene with Penny Pax where I’m a Jedi master and she’s my student and I’m trying to teach her to use the Force to get me off but it doesn’t work so we do it the old fashioned way. So my Nerdgasm movie is more quirky and fun and silly whereas Dollhouse is more on the horror movie side”.
As Skin explained in greater detail during her May 2015 Fleshbot interview;
“It was definitely a lot more challenging than I expected. You see what a director goes through when you are a performer but you don’t really realize the extent of it until you experience it yourself. I definitely learned that I need to be super organized. I really need to up my game in that respect. But it was really fun. I Just directed another movie that will be coming out soon. A girl/girl femdom movie. It’s a new challenge that I enjoy…
I’m a huge fan of horror movies. I love being scared. Some of my favourite horror movies are Japanese. Films like Ringu and Ju on. All of those really psychological horror movies. When I had the opportunity to direct my first movie I kind of wanted it to go in that direction. But I guess people who do BDSM probably do like the adrenaline. It makes sense that you would like the adrenaline with being scared, because you are basically being scared during those scenes, but in a fun way. I am an adrenaline junky. I would jump out of a plane or swim with sharks. I would do just about anything”.
Skin Diamond : Official Retirement & Upcoming Projects
Skin Diamond announced her official retirement from the adult film industry in December 2016 and she now remains focused on pursuing a mainstream acting and music career under her real name Raylin Joy. Talking about her future career plans in her December 2016 Independent interview, Skin explained how;
“The main things that I want to do after porn is obviously Submission; I am really getting into my acting again. That was what I originally studied in Scotland, stage acting. I wanted to go to RADA or something. But I have actually been really focused on my music. Developing myself as an artist, and really getting into writing, performing and being on stage singing. For me, I am the type of person who does whatever makes me happy. But I am not really worried about it at the moment, because I am focusing on all of these new projects that I have got going on so I don’t really have time to worry…
I love challenging myself. I love doing things that are new and exciting. That’s what drew me to porn in the first place, that it was this grand new and exciting thing that I had never done before. Things get less shiny and sparkly after a while and I get bored. So now these mainstream projects are my new shiny and sparkly things that I am getting excited about. So, it’s challenging but I don’t find it scary at all because I love that challenge”.
As matters stand, Raylin has starred in the Showtime BDSM mini-series Submission (2016), she has filmed some BDSM scenes that have been promoted via Kink.com in April 2017 and May 2017, and she continues to promote her music via her official YouTube Channel. Skin loves singing and discussed her progression from singing in private to performing in public during her May 2015 Fleshbot interview;
“I’ve always loved to sing. It was always one of my passions growing up. Especially when I was really young. I was always making up silly little songs, usually about Jesus because I was really religious back then. But, when I started doing it last year, I decided to get out of the public eye a little bit, so I could work on my style. I’ve never tried to sing professionally before, and it’s a much bigger process than people think. You don’t just stand there and sing. You have to develop a style. I’ve been working with several producers. It’s been a long process but I am finally getting ready to release some music”.
Despite officially retiring from the adult film industry, Raylin remains proud of her porn star portfolio and her adult entertainment persona of ‘Skin Diamond’. As Raylin puts it in her own words;
“Well the way I have been kind of doing it with my music is by going by real name which is Raylin Joy. I feel like Skin Diamond will always be a huge part of me, because if you were to take every sexual aspect of [inaudible] and put it into one entity you would get Skin Diamond. So, she’s still there but I feel like with the music and everything it is me taking off that mask; showing all of me rather than just one side. The first music video we released we did it super DIY style. I am not wearing a lot of make-up or anything because I wanted to break the illusion that is Skin Diamond because this is me now. But you will always still get the sexy stuff because that is still part of me, but you know, there is a lot more to it…
I definitely don’t mind taking on roles that are special, but I am not performing adult anymore. I’m just focusing on music and acting because that is something that is new and exciting and I just want to go for it. I am not doing adult right now so I can 100 per cent focus on the other stuff”.
In fact, Skin has often stated that performing in porn has significantly bolstered her self-esteem and confidence levels. After all, as Skin ardently expressed in her October 2014 Adult DVD Talk interview;
“I think I’ve gotten a lot of my confidence from porn. Before porn, I modelled on the internet nude and I used to think I was fat. I didn’t think I was sexy or anything. It wasn’t until I started doing it for a living and started getting feedback from people that I started to believe ‘Oh, ok, I’m not that bad.’ I think through the years of porn and crazy sex, it’s definitely made me realize how strong of a person I am and I don’t take shit from people like I used to. I used to be way shy and timid. I’m still pretty shy but I’m more able to speak up for myself now. I know where I stand in the grand scheme of things a little bit more I think”.
Ultimately, whether she is performing in front of the camera as a mainstream model, musician, adult film star and fetish performer or whether she is showcasing her directorial prowess behind the camera, Raylin Joy aka Skin Diamond has a commanding stage presence and a natural born talent for performing which continues to attract a wealth of devoted fans from across the globe. If you’d like to catch up on some of her previous porn productions as Skin Diamond, or if you’re eager to learn more about her upcoming mainstream media projects as Raylin Joy, then please feel free to use the links provided below to explore all of her official social networking channels online today!
Official Website : SkinDiamondVIP.com
Kink Profile : Skin Diamond BDSM & Fetish Content
Brazzers : Skin Diamond at Brazzers
Evil Angel : Skin Diamond at Evil Angel
YouTube Channel : Skin Diamond’s Official YouTube Channel
IMDB Profile : Skin Diamond Filmography